CONVINCE YOUR MANAGER, TO ATTEND IEW
You are eager to attend India Electronics Week, and why not? You know it has the potential to help you work smarter, support your business objectives, and advance your career goals. But does your manager? Below are some resources that can help you get approval to attend.
BEFORE THE CONFERENCE: BUILD SUPPORT FOR YOUR ATTENDANCE
- Check our website and note down what are the tracks that will be useful to you and talk to your manager about the benefits of attending.
- Start the approval process right away to secure the Best or Early price; review the list of discounts to see if you qualify.
- Note that the conference offers training courses, which many companies have additional budget resources for, or are more likely to approve.
- Play the “ideal outcome” game: Ask your boss what would be the ideal outcome for your engineering projects in 2020. If they say, finish the project quicker, or make the product better and smarter, then you are in a great position. Now ask, “Are you willing to invest in my training so I can get us there?” If they say yes, you are ready to present the solution: IEW 2020.
- Switch the conversation from an expense to an investment: Think about this. If you purchase something that generates more value than the cost, it’s actually an investment NOT an expense. With the All Technology Access pass, you’ll get the recordings of all 60+ sessions–they’re included with your conference ticket. That means you could spend half a year going through about 12 sessions a month. It’s like a conference that you can turn into course material! So take the price, divide it by 6 and say this: “Would you be willing to make a training investment in me for less than Rs. 1,200 per month?” If they say “yes,” then simply explain, “Great, we just need to pay upfront.” (The earlier you register, the lower your price will be).
SUBJECT LINE: , I’d like to attend IEW
Hi [Insert Your Boss’ Name Here],
I’d like to attend IEW. Attending will enable me to discover new ways to make smarter products, reduce the team’s design and development time, and provide a real ROI by becoming equipped with innovative ideas that work for our team.
There are 12 tracks at this conference, covering topics like IoT, Electronics for IoT, Software Dev & IT for IOT, Sensors, Communications, Energy Efficiency, IP Development, AI, edge computing, Dev Boards, Rapid Prototyping, R&D and how to grow careers and Profit from IoT. [Consider listing the session tracks that are relevant to what you do in your position].
If approved, my attendance can help with the following department goals:
- Goal 1- Explain how
- Goal 2- Explain how
- Goal 3- Explain how
I’ve heard very positive things about the event. Attendees walk away with actionable tactics they can put into practice right away.
When I return, I plan to share my takeaways and refine/develop strategies based on what I learn. Here’s a breakdown of the approximate costs:
* All Access Technology Pass cost: Rs. 8,999 (includes session recordings, networking lunches, tutorials and 3 free workshops)
It’s hosted by EFY Group and takes place in KTPO Convention Centre, Bangalore, from February 13th to February 15th, 2020.
Here’s their event page: https://www.indiaelectronicsweek.com/
With your permission, I’d like to secure my pass to this event before it sells out. Please reply as soon as possible with your decision.
Thank you for your consideration.[Insert Your Name Here]
DURING THE CONFERENCE: TRACK YOUR PARTICIPATION
Our website has useful features to help keep track of your participation. Use the Schedule, talk and workshop details to list the sessions you attend.
During the conference, post about the sessions you attend on your social media channels with hashtag #IoTShow #IEW. You will gain new followers, grow your network, and your colleagues will see what you are learning.
AFTER THE CONFERENCE: CREATE A REPORT AND SHARE WHAT YOU LEARNED
Use the information from the website, your personal learnings, your social media posts, and the conference report and pictures to create a report detailing what you learned. Supplement your own materials with speaker slides and keynote videos, posted during and after the conference. Search for news articles, blog posts, and tweets with #IOTShow #IEW for additional reference materials to include.
The All Technology Access passes also come with a video compilation of all recorded presentations, so you can watch them with colleagues who were unable to attend.